Monday 20 January 2014

I want to write...

At the moment, I'm in a little bit of a crossroads in my life.

I've decided that I'm leaving my 'old' life behind and moving into an exciting new world.

It's not without a lot of fear. Am I doing the right thing? Will I have enough money to live on? Will I regret my decisions?

I had stepped onto the path when my first challenge came; I received an offer of an interview for a great position in the city. No matter having decided to walk away from the rat race, I have to admit that I wavered. This was the easy path dangling a carrot in front of me - tempting me away from what I had decided upon.

It's not so much the temptation that was a problem, it was the way that the little devil on my shoulder used the temptation to whisper negative thoughts into my head. Suddenly the path that I have chosen and the one I really want, felt a little, well, tarnished. My conviction was being chipped away in the light of my never ending dilemma - dreams vs responsibility.

At the same time as I'm having a life overhaul mentally, I'm having one materialistically, too. I'm going through everything I own deciding what I want to keep, what I want to sell, what I want to donate to charity and what I just want to turf!

While doing that, I've found so many bits of paper that I kept because they had funny sayings on them or things I wanted to keep but had nowhere to store. (It's like my whole life I've been crying out for Pinterest!). I found the following list of the top reasons I should be a romance writer.

I'm taking it as a sign.


1 comment:

Thank you for your comments.

10